Afsaneh Monemi is a self-employed artist since 2000.
1994‒1999 MFA, Ceramics Art Programme, Gothenburg University, Sweden.
1991‒1994 Diploma in Swedish Pre-University Curriculum, Painting & Sculpture, Örebro Art School, Sweden.
1985‒1989 BA University of Arts & Crafts, Tehran, Iran.
2011 Silkscreen printing, University of Gothenburg.
2010 Comic Art & Advanced Image Storytelling, (Master level Gothenburg University).
2008 Contemporary art as a learning tool, University of Gothenburg.
2008 Artistic shaping for public spaces, HDK University of Gothenburg 12 p.
2003‒2005 Project management Kulturverkstan, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Solo exhibitions in selection
2020 Gallery Hantverket, Stockholm.
2018 Gallery Formargruppen, Malmö.
2017 Gallery Sintra, Gothenburg. 2015 Gallery Nääs Arts and Krafts.
2011 Gallery Lerverk, Gothenburg.
2010 Gallery Hantverket, Stockholm.
2009 Gallery Konsthantverkarna, Stockholm.
2007 Gallery KC-Väst.
2004 Gallery Sintra, Gothenburg.
Jury Assessed exhibitions
2020 The Ceramics house, Brighton
2019 Brand Ceramics in Ascoli Piceno 5rd Biennial International Competition “Tra Tradizione e Modernità” (Between Tradition and Modernity) work selected for the Biennale is on display at the Museum of ceramic in Italy.
2018 Exhibition project 7X Crafts artist, galleri S:t Gertrud I Mal, Sweden. 2012 Not Quite, Art gallery.
2009 Lokstallet, Strömstad, Sweden.
2008 The Royal Swedish Academy of Fine Art.
2008 Stockholm’s International Art Fair, Stockholm.
2005 Liljevalchs konsthall, an art Venue of Swedish and international art, Stockholm.
2005 Paper life, exhibition on paper museum in Silkebory, Denmark.
2001 Design & Crafts Museum, Trondheim, Norway.
2000 Adelsnäs Art Gallery in Linköping, Sweden.
1999 Design & Crafts Museum, Gothenburg.
Awards and grants
• Gothenburg city Culture Grants 2016. • The Swedish Arts Grants Committee awards, for two years of work period: 2007, 2008.
• Gothenburg city Culture Grants 2006.
• The Swedish Arts Grants Committee awards, for one year of work period: 2000, 2004.
• The Vest of Swedish Cultural Foundation (Västsvenska Kulturfonden),2003
• IASPIS International Artists’ Studio Program in Sweden, 2005.
Artist in residence
2010 I participated in a five-week art project done by Swedish Artists in India / Udaipur. The project explores the impermanence creativity and creative transience.
2000 Seminaries and workshops in ”International Ceramic Centre, Denmark”.
2001 Trip to India. In two months, I travelled to India, Rajasthan to explore their firewood pottery.
• Ceramics museum in Ascoli Piceno, Italy.
• Swedish art unit in Gothenburg • Gallery KC-Väst in Gothenburg.
• Swedish art unit in Stockholm.
• City Theatre Art Association, Stockholm.
• Handelsbanken’s Art Society, Stockholm.
• Huddinge Municipality, Culture and Recreation Department, Stockholm.
• Member of the Sculpture Association. • Member of the Crafts Centre, K. H. V.C.
• Member of KRO (Artists Organisation).
• Member of the Artists’ Centre West, KC West The National Public Art Council, Sweden.
A selection of some reviews from newspapers